Earth Day is celebrated annually on 22nd April to demonstrate support for environmental protection. This Earth Day, we want to share a little more about how we are working towards a better and brighter future.
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa is committed to reducing our impact on the environment. We have been awarded gold status by the Green Tourism Business Scheme in recognition of our sustainable practices and have regular meetings to discuss improving our green practices and implementing more.
We have recently implemented a new scheme for guests to offset their carbon dioxide emissions when they visit by donating to our fund to plant mature trees in our woodlands. These will provide vital habitats for wildlife and a place for guests to visit and connect with nature. We have already planted 4 silver birch trees and will be planting more soon.
We have a number of other sustainable initiatives in the hotel to reduce our impact on the environment:
Food & Drink
- We use locally sourced and produced ingredients and fair trade products in our restaurants
- We supply filtered tap water in reusable glass bottles in our meeting rooms
- Our coffee suppliers, Paddy & Scott's are fair trade and part of the rainforest alliance
- We only use plastic free disposable products
- Our bio mass boiler supplies the heating and hot water for 32 bedrooms
- Our solar panels power the laundry and maintenance buildings
- Our data charges are set to eco-mode which uses 20% less energy
- We offer free electric car charging for our guests
- Most of the hotel is now fitted with LED light bulbs which are produce less heat, more light and use less electricity
- We recycle all used paper, plastic and cardboard
- Our food waste is sent to an anaerobic digestion plant
- We use 100% recycled paper within our meeting and event rooms
- We use pencils or recycled plastic pens in bedrooms and meeting rooms
- We have invested in a chemical free cleaning system
- We fundraise for local charities, support many local causes and use local suppliers