Moor Hall Hotel & Spa in Sutton Coldfield was among the winners in Greater Birmingham Chambers of Commerce’s first online award ceremony.
Our country house hotel claimed the Excellence in Hospitality award at the virtual ceremony which was beamed from Chamber House in Edgbaston on Thursday 23rd July 2020.
Katie Hale, president of the Sutton Coldfield Chamber of Commerce, said: “For Moor Hall to bring home the Excellence in Hospitality Award was truly fantastic. It’s a true testament to their hard work and commitment to the community and a real boost after what has been a tough time for the hospitality sector”.
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa was awarded the Excellence in Hospitality award for our positive contributions to the local community, corporate social responsibility, our vision for the business and our initiatives that have contributed to our business performance which include:
- We signed up to the Thrive at Work scheme to invest in its employees’ welfare and developed our management team.
- We are committed to supporting local charities. In 2019 we raised over £5,000 for our chosen charity of the year, YMCA Sutton Coldfield.
- We are committed to minimising and controlling our impact on the environment through a series of continuous improvements. We have invested in a bio mass boiler to supply the heating and hot water for 32 bedrooms; installed solar panels to power the laundry and have reduced single use plastics and invested in a chemical free cleaning system.
- We have invested in our facilities with a £100,000 gym refurbishment as well as refurbished bedrooms and public areas.
- We support the local community through attending career fairs, school presentations and supporting local suppliers.
- We have a long history of warm hospitality from when the original Moor Hall was built by Bishop Vesey and welcomed Henry VIII as a visitor.
- We are committed to attracting tourism to the area and work with local attractions, tourist boards and businesses to provide a warm welcome.
- Moor Hall is owned by the Webb family who bought Moor Hall in 1961 and have been creating wonderful guest experiences for over 50 years. Being a family owned business really helps us deliver our cultural values and we reinvest every year into improving the business.
- We are continually improving our service and standards. We have fantastic reviews on TripAdvisor, Google and Facebook and we constantly review and improve our services and products and invest so that we are the first-choice hotel for guests and team members.
Our Chairman Michael Webb commented: "I was particularly pleased that the panel quoted our company motto which is "the answer is yes, what is the question?""
Angela Burns, CEO of Moor Hall Hotel & Spa watched the online award ceremony online and commented: “We are thrilled to have won this prestigious award. Obviously when we submitted our application for this award, the world was a very different place. However, this is the boost we need to keep focused and keep doing what we do best – provide a safe and warm welcome to guests to the area.”